Friday 14 May 2010

Grace in Small Things: 10 of 365

Today we drove up to Malton in Yorkshire. I say "we" but I slept most the way - we left at 6am and arrived about 11. Made brilliant time. And then we went to my cousin's wedding, which was lovely, but very different from ours!
  1. That our wedding was so very us, and not very traditional. I thought that I had wanted a church wedding, but having been to one today, I see that I didn't at all - our ceremony was written pretty much by us and it was lovely, because we made promises to each other, not to God. Which would have been a bit daft considering that Dave is not keen, and though it's nice to promise God that you love each other, I'd rather Dave promised me. God knows, and if he cares, he's looking at me whether I'm in a hotel, a country house, a registry office or a church.
  2. That I'm so very in love with my Mozz (It's a day of love!)
  3. That people kept whispering "this is lovely, but I liked yours better" which made me feel proud that we'd done it our way rather than following a template!
  4. That Dave loves me enough to do all that driving on his own, whilst he lets me sleep because I'm tired.
  5. That Amity and John are so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment