Tuesday 1 June 2010

Grace in Small Things: 31 of 365

  1. That my cake turned out particularly well, though the recipe was mental. Who would have thought that grated butternut squash would have produced a cake so delicious, moist and chocolatey. Nom.
  2. Painting the middle bedroom with Mozz – I do love it when we get into team Mozz mode!
  3. Finishing off the first coat of the middle bedroom – we got more done than expected.
  4. My sister bought me a pretty bracelet as a thank you – it’s lovely
  5. Mum bringing me my Nana’s unicorn figurine that she wanted me to have. It’s lovely, and made me cry. On the underneath, there is a sticker in my Nana’s writing that says “For Helen – Love Nana”. It made me remember how lovely she was when she wasn’t the Nana who had been ravaged by dementure, and other mental illnesses. And how much I loved her. Which isn’t really something I’d thought about for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment