Monday 3 May 2010

Grace in Small Things: 3 of 365

I’ve had a couple of not being webby days, but I did write down my 5 things on a bit of paper. So here they are, retrospectively!

  1. Mum and Dad – they are just so generous, not only with their time and money, but love. They came over today and helped us out in a huge way by doing littlethings that I can’t manage which brings us to number two:
  2. Clean carpet. I never thought I would feel so pleased to have a bit of carpet cat hair and wool bobble free. Mum put the hoover over for me and I can’t say how much more relaxed it has made me – silly, I know!
  3. Lottie decorated some gingerbread men biscuits with smarties and jelly tot sweets, and some icing. Mine had these HUGE sticky out googly eyes and were utterly brilliant!
  4. Sitting still, quietly with my magazine. It’s nice to have some peace for five minutes.
  5. Catching sight of the scar on Dave’s shin that he’s got from rubbing on the saddle without adjusting his chaps on honeymoon. It made me think of the lovely time we had and how lucky I am to have him. Insert large daft cheesey grin here!

No comments:

Post a Comment