Tuesday 4 May 2010

Grace in Small Things: 6 of 365

Today is the sort of day where this is going to come in handy, I feel. I am not having a great day, and I am prickly with not-quite-insults, stupidity of work situations and health stuff. I shall now attempt to think positive for a bit to try and turn my head around.

  1. There is a front garden that I walk past, and its border is filled with bluebells and tulips and the beginnings of rosemary (or lavender? Some lovely smelling green thing) is just beginning to start coming through. It’s the most lovely smiley burst of sunshine of a border.
  2. Tomorrow, I do not need to go into the office, and I can sit out the silly emails and move things from one box to another in my pyjamas. In bed. I bloody love Wednesdays.
  3. I had the foresight this morning to wear thermal long johns under my trousers, and I have been enjoying their snugly warmth all day.
  4. Dave resigned. Thank goodness that’s over with. Now we just need to sort out details and firm up a contract... I know it will be fine but Dave is fretting. A lot. But the really scary awful bit is over and done with!

Argh, this is hard today. Harder than it should be.

  1. Dave is on his way home, in daylight, and will arrive in daylight. When he arrives, I’ll get the hug that I’ve been longing for all day, and I’m looking forward to that more than I can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment